- Posted by blonde
- on August 21st, 2011
It’s not your Mother’s Nordstrom $JWN. We’ve all been waiting anxiously while $JWN decided where best to set foot in New York City. Just when you think there’s nothing new at retail, leave it to this Family-run retailer to put a twist on its NYC digs. Enter, Treasure & Bond. Occupying the first two floors of 350 West Broadway, this is no mini-Nordi’s. What’s compelling here is that 100% of the profits after costs go to people in need in NYC. And in this never ending recession, we know there are plenty of New Yorkers in need. The focus here is LOCAL, with an assortment of unique local purveyors of apparel, table top, accessories, footwear, and jewelry.
In a city where the haves and have nots grows painfully apparent more and more each day, it’s interesting that $JWN would launch such a foray when first dipping it’s toe into the NYC retail market. A unique concept indeed, Treasure & Bond operates independently, merely using $JWN for back-office and seed money. At first I balked at the idea of entering NYC under a retail pseudonym, but the more I think about it, the concept is a brilliant way for $JWN to come in and slowly learn about its target market, all the while ingratiating itself to the New York City community. This next jewel in the Nordi’s crown will definitely be one to watch. www.treasureandbond.com
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Kristin Bentz is a former Wall Street retail analyst. She served as the product manager for consumer equities at Lehman Brothers. More »
- The 2013 Talented Blonde Holiday Tour!
- Blurred Lines: My Black Friday 2013 Preview
- Black Friday 2013 Preview: 50 Shades of Gray
- Talented on The Willis Report: Hey! Malls! Give me SOMETHING!
- I’m Such a Tease…& It’s Worse Than You Think!
- Al Jazeera America Gets Talented on Jobs
- CNN Money Gets Talented… Squeezing the Middle Class
- Hey! Janet Yellin! “Its Worse Than You Think”.
- Halloween, Toothbrushes & Losing Your Shirt
- Talented Puts Bloomberg “In The Loop”