A few thoughts on Zynga Pre IPO
- Posted by blonde
- on December 15th, 2011
“Zynga is likely to be priced between $8.50 and $12 and raise $900 million in its IPO who could come as soon as this Friday. ”
1. Zynga really is a forerunner of how gaming will be done in the future…
3. Zynga $ZYNG has basically brought the concept of branded”virtual goods” and sponsorships in less than five years to multi-billion dollar reality today.(Ok, so Farmville and Mafia Wars aren’t REALLY reality-but you get it. )
4. Although at first blush, $ZYNG may look like a Seinfeld stock (a stock about nothing,)
I view it as another recession/ bi_furcated consumer market play. The faction of the consumer that is actively entrenched in these virtual games is trying to escape reality. They’re sitting in a cubicle in front of a computer all day. They don’t have the discretionary income to escape to a tropical locale, or even Disneyworld $DIS. So, being the “Don” of your own mafia crew, or the queen of all you survey in CastleVille, YOU create your OWN reality. Your way.
Now, quit reading this and get back to work!
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Kristin Bentz is a former Wall Street retail analyst. She served as the product manager for consumer equities at Lehman Brothers. More »
- Circling the Drain…
- Talented’s Take: It’s Not Getting Better
- A Taste of Talented Blonde’s 2013 Holiday Predictions
- The 2013 Talented Blonde Holiday Tour!
- Blurred Lines: My Black Friday 2013 Preview
- Black Friday 2013 Preview: 50 Shades of Gray
- Talented on The Willis Report: Hey! Malls! Give me SOMETHING!
- I’m Such a Tease…& It’s Worse Than You Think!
- Al Jazeera America Gets Talented on Jobs
- CNN Money Gets Talented… Squeezing the Middle Class