If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join’ Em: Random Thoughts on YAHOO & FACEBOOK
- Posted by blonde
- on April 3rd, 2012
502 Bad Gateway
If you can’t beat em, join em.
Instead of fighting each other and creating lasting animosity between the companies, why don’t they merge?
Reasons why it’s a “win-win”:
1. They each have what the other needs/lacks in order to make one “all-in-one” platform for the internet consumer
4. The momentum created by a Facebook-Yahoo merger would dissipate any of the post-IPO fears and then create
5. Social media gains momentum to the point of being a benchmark sector that index funds must invest in and Facebook-Yahoo is the bellwether. (FA_HOO! YA-BOOK?)
6. Yahoo! management will likely step aside now that Zuckerberg has someone like Sheryl Sandberg as day-to-day boss-an adult at the kid’s table as it were . . .
Now quit reading this and get back to Farmville.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Kristin Bentz is a former Wall Street retail analyst. She served as the product manager for consumer equities at Lehman Brothers. More »
- Get Tangled Up In Blonde: Talented Blonde Couture
- TOM FORD LAUNCHES E COMMERCE TODAY: YOU’RE WELCOME
- Can’t Get Enough Talented?
- Circling the Drain…
- Talented’s Take: It’s Not Getting Better
- A Taste of Talented Blonde’s 2013 Holiday Predictions
- The 2013 Talented Blonde Holiday Tour!
- Blurred Lines: My Black Friday 2013 Preview
- Black Friday 2013 Preview: 50 Shades of Gray
- Talented on The Willis Report: Hey! Malls! Give me SOMETHING!
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- April 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011