If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join’ Em: Random Thoughts on YAHOO & FACEBOOK
- Posted by blonde
- on April 3rd, 2012
If you can’t beat em, join em.
Instead of fighting each other and creating lasting animosity between the companies, why don’t they merge?
Reasons why it’s a “win-win”:
1. They each have what the other needs/lacks in order to make one “all-in-one” platform for the internet consumer
4. The momentum created by a Facebook-Yahoo merger would dissipate any of the post-IPO fears and then create
5. Social media gains momentum to the point of being a benchmark sector that index funds must invest in and Facebook-Yahoo is the bellwether. (FA_HOO! YA-BOOK?)
6. Yahoo! management will likely step aside now that Zuckerberg has someone like Sheryl Sandberg as day-to-day boss-an adult at the kid’s table as it were . . .
Now quit reading this and get back to Farmville.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Kristin Bentz is a former Wall Street retail analyst. She served as the product manager for consumer equities at Lehman Brothers. More »
- The 2013 Talented Blonde Holiday Tour!
- Blurred Lines: My Black Friday 2013 Preview
- Black Friday 2013 Preview: 50 Shades of Gray
- Talented on The Willis Report: Hey! Malls! Give me SOMETHING!
- I’m Such a Tease…& It’s Worse Than You Think!
- Al Jazeera America Gets Talented on Jobs
- CNN Money Gets Talented… Squeezing the Middle Class
- Hey! Janet Yellin! “Its Worse Than You Think”.
- Halloween, Toothbrushes & Losing Your Shirt
- Talented Puts Bloomberg “In The Loop”