If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join’ Em: Random Thoughts on YAHOO & FACEBOOK
- Posted by blonde
- on April 3rd, 2012
If you can’t beat em, join em.
Instead of fighting each other and creating lasting animosity between the companies, why don’t they merge?
Reasons why it’s a “win-win”:
1. They each have what the other needs/lacks in order to make one “all-in-one” platform for the internet consumer
4. The momentum created by a Facebook-Yahoo merger would dissipate any of the post-IPO fears and then create
5. Social media gains momentum to the point of being a benchmark sector that index funds must invest in and Facebook-Yahoo is the bellwether. (FA_HOO! YA-BOOK?)
6. Yahoo! management will likely step aside now that Zuckerberg has someone like Sheryl Sandberg as day-to-day boss-an adult at the kid’s table as it were . . .
Now quit reading this and get back to Farmville.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Kristin Bentz is a former Wall Street retail analyst. She served as the product manager for consumer equities at Lehman Brothers. More »
- Get Tangled Up In Blonde: Talented Blonde Couture
- TOM FORD LAUNCHES E COMMERCE TODAY: YOU’RE WELCOME
- Can’t Get Enough Talented?
- Circling the Drain…
- Talented’s Take: It’s Not Getting Better
- A Taste of Talented Blonde’s 2013 Holiday Predictions
- The 2013 Talented Blonde Holiday Tour!
- Blurred Lines: My Black Friday 2013 Preview
- Black Friday 2013 Preview: 50 Shades of Gray
- Talented on The Willis Report: Hey! Malls! Give me SOMETHING!
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- April 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011