More Reasons to Love $LULU and Silver
- Posted by blonde
- on March 21st, 2011
“Research Indicates Silver Nanoparticle Antimicrobials Safe for Skin”
In a prior post I wrote on Silver (see Feb 1 2011) I mentioned all the uses for Silver that many investors either don’t know or have over looked, one of which being the antimicrobial benefits of silver threads. I know it sounds dorky, but this new research below reinforces my interest in Silver and $LULU and its Silverscent Luon product. Just sayin.
SportsOneSource reports, “A six-week field test has found that silver nanoparticle antimicrobials in textiles worn next to the skin were effective against bacteria entering the fabric through perspiration or other means while having no effect on the naturally occurring beneficial bacteria on the skin, reports Hohenstein Institute America, Inc. of Burlington, NC. Researchers also concluded that the antimicrobial textiles had no effect on moisture transmission, pH balance, or skin condition indicating that the textiles were safe for human use.
“These results help clarify the effectiveness and safety of silver antimicrobial treatments for textiles,” said Dr. Dirk Hofer, who directs Hohenstein’s Institute for Hygiene and Biotechnology. “Many textile market segments can benefit from antimicrobial textiles, from medical applications to home textiles to workwear and athletic performancewear.”
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Kristin Bentz is a former Wall Street retail analyst. She served as the product manager for consumer equities at Lehman Brothers. More »
- The Talented Blonde Tackles Terry
- Abercrombie Controversy: Oh No He Didn’t!!!
- Talented’s Take: J.C. Penney Apology Too Little Too Late
- The Talented Blonde Honored By The College Investor!
- Talented Blonde’s Take: Really Walmart?… Really?!?
- Talented Blonde Telling It Like It Is
- Talented Blonde on JCP: How the Mighty Have Fallen!
- The Talented Blonde Looks Fabulous in Bloomberg Briefs
- The WSJ Gets Talented… and Fresh
- Talented Visits Bloomberg’s “On The Economy”: The Rise of the Dollar Stores